Wednesday, July 29, 2009

So, what happened???

A fairly long time before I put in a post, so decided to correct the wrong. Well, I graduated out of IIM-A and stepped into the big, bad corporate world.

As part of my first engagement, I needed to travel to NYC. (What, US again?) So, keeping my long standing relationship with US, I stepped into Newark Airport and said 'Hi' to the immigration officer at the airport. His response was 'What happened?' I guess he must have seen my F-1, H-1B, J-1 and now my B-1 visa and just couldn't imagine why I had not stayed back in US after all!!

I moved on, but the question kept ringing in my mind - 'So, what happened?' I don't know what happened. I don't feel very much in control of my life and I don't know what life has in store for me. I have embraced uncertainty into my life and I don't have a clear picture of what I want to do. I don't have any solutions towards my long-standing goals, and I have begun to compromise. Everyone has to compromise, but does compromise also mean that you have failed? Again, the present state of mind answers back, I don't know.

So, I'll leave it at that - I don't know. Uncertainty, the dark cloud of existence, I embrace thee for I know not what I do.

No comments: