Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Namesake

Well, I watched Namesake today. Yes, its not a new movie, yes, it was released last year, but for some reason, I just never got round to seeing it till today. A very nice movie (though initially I thought it was rather slow) - the kind of movie that makes you all mushy and strike all the poignant chords, the kind that makes you think.

After coming back from the US, I never really thought too much about it, but strangely enough, after seeing the movie, the single thought that I had was that one of the best decisions that I have made is to have come back to India. You might laugh at me, I mean how are the two related - Namesake and India. I guess I don't really have an answer. Some things don't need to have an answer. You don't really need to figure out whether there is a God. Its better to let it 'blow in the wind'. And so, I am just going to let it blow in the wind. Not think too much, not analyze too much, nor dissect too much.

Just feel so happy that I am back in my land. Just feel so happy that I am close to home, to everything that means anything to me. Just feel so happy that I was able to visit home more times last year than I have in the last six years.

Great movies, they make you think, great movies, they make you cry and laugh, great movies that make you feel you are after all only a human.

2 comments:

ArSENik said...

Yes, I think Mira Nair did a fairly good job of translating Jhumpa Lahiri's coming of age novel onto the screen. Kal Penn was a huge revelation. Tabu did well, but was miscast and Irrfan was good, but I thought went overboard with his Bangla in parts.

Anuyaa said...

Cute..very few ppl(esp males) confess their love for their native soil. Not everybody can put it so beautifully in such simple words..well tareef mein I have no words.. :)